Friday 18 May 2012

Mazurka has been danced

My EVS takes place in municipilaty of Colonia del Sacramento. I am in the department of Cooperation. The project I am involved in the most is Colonia Integra which aim was and is to support rural development. As Uruguay is less populated country (only 3 million people living in the country which is twice the size of CZ), there are lot of rural areas where you can find only few people living and sometimes schools with 6 children. So the idea of this project was to create community centres where could people gather where would be internet, mobile library, mobile helath centre and also some courses or place where people could do something together.
Thus my activity now is to do some workshops in some of those community centres.


Invitation to the workshop which children had in their notebook.
Last week I started with two workshops about Czech culture. The first workshop was with children from the primary school and a few adults. We learned where the Czech Republic is, that we are in the EU, but we have a Czech crown, the capital is Prague, hola is ahoj, the most popular drink is beer, that in the Czech Republic the summer holiday is in July and August (here in January and February) and that we like to ski, skate, play ice-hockey. I also showed my village I am from - Stepanovice.
Finally, we sang ``mela babka ctyri jabka`` and danced Mazurka. Mazurka makes people happy :)



Mela babka ctyri jabka
How to dance Mazurka...two left, two right, look, look and send
Two left...
uaaa, Mazurka

No comments:

Post a Comment