Wednesday 23 May 2012

Mazurka... to be continued



As I told you last time I started with workshops about the Czech Republic in community centres (rural schools). And here are some more photos, because it is tremendous to see people in Uruguay dancing mazurka. I do like it much.








This was a workshop with youngsters one Saturday morning. They had a lot of energy and at the end laugh a lot.
















Here we danced last Friday night with youngsters and adults. They were vey enthusiastic, so I will introduce polka next time :)





And this week I started with workshops about the Czech Republic in liceo in Colonia. The educational system here differs from the one we have in CZ. Pupils attend primary school for six years from the age of 6 and later on continue in liceo for another period of six years. The last two years of liceo are specialized. I do workshops now with the first years of liceo. They have lot of energy and they are curious. They seem to like mazurka, however, they introduce me to a new concept of this dance. The boys dance with boys and girls with girls :) I thought that I did not explain myself precisely yesterday, because I do still have some difficulties with the language. That's why today I tried harder and repeated three times that the dance is in couples of a girl and boy and these couples changes in every round. But it did not work out.


Jak to zpívá Lucka Bílá - holky s holkama, kluci s klukama :)



 The children wear uniforms in  school. And for example in liceo, where I do these workshops, there are three turns - morning, afternoon and evening. In the morning pupils from the first three years of liceo come, in the afternoon the fourth, fifth and sixth years. The evening works like evening school for those who stop studying before finishing liceo. 

  However, we don't just dance mazurka. We also talk about EVS, Checoslovakia and Czech Republic, Czech beer, Prague, Skoda, European Union, Euro and Czech crown. We found out  that the value of czech crown is equivalent to Uruguyan pesos. And moreover the banknotes are quite similar - with a famous person on one side.  
And we also talk about famous footbalists - uff, I have to learn :) 

Discussion time
It seems interesting, doesn' t it?

We play...



...move and change places...
and we act and guess... this was travelling :)


No comments:

Post a Comment